Wouldn’t that be incredible?! I think it’s safe to say that everybody would be chugging back liters of it everyday in order to reap its benefits! Right?
This so called ‘magic potion’ is not a figment of my imagination – it’s water!
Yes, I know. At this point in your life I’m sure you’ve heard the unconvincing suggestion to “drink 6-8 glasses a day”, but has it really changed your habits? Can you honestly look yourself in the mirror and say “I drink the recommended water intake everyday!” – I know I couldn’t.
4 months ago, not only was I 22lbs heavier…but I was 7% less hydrated!! Yep, that’s right…7%!!! And to think, I was missing out on so many sweet benefits.
Now, I’m not writing this to convince you to up your H20 intake, because in the end, it’s your choice. But, I will tell you that since I increased my water intake 4 months ago I’m:
· Feeling less tired
· No longer affected by severely dry/itchy skin
· Going to the washroom more! (Yes, it really does help digestion!)
· Looking less puffy! (it’s amazing how it can shed water weight). And,
· Losing weight faster!
Not to mention, I’ve made that whooping 7% jump in hydration!
So, if you haven’t already, think about chugging back a few extra glasses of aqua today, and if you need some help, here are some tips I’ve compiled on how I ensure my body stays hydrated:
· Crystal Light! If you haven’t tried it, I certainly suggest it – my favorite flavor is
Lemon Lime! It makes water taste incredible! Just be sure to include them in your
calorie tracking, and try not to overdo it J I like to dilute mine with lots of water.
· Add fruits or veggies to your water! Cucumber in water is delicious, as are lemons,
limes, strawberries and oranges etc.
· Wear a ring to monitor your hydration. This is how I know when I need more; all I do
is tug on the ring and if it doesn’t slide off easily…I need dihydrogen monoxide!
· Buy yourself a fancy shmancy bottle (lululemon is awesome!). Not only is it
convenient, but it will make drinking your water super cool!
· Keep a sticky note beside your computer at work and tally up how many cups you’ve
accomplished so far! (You may not think of it as a goal…but it is!)